Patrick Günther's Portal — Navigation
Hi, I am a PhD student in astrophysics, free-time software developer and hobby musician.
- Bahnrouter Plan multileg trips (i.e. trips
having an arbitrary number of intermediate stops) using the German Bahn sourced
API from marudor.de. For each trip leg a number of
connections are exported into an ASCII-table which can save many tedious manual requests.
CDDB Currently broken My CD-Collection as SQL-Database. This is really more for playing around than for any productive use, and it is not up to date.
- Travel-Map A Leaflet/Mapbox map showing locations I
heard about on the internet that I may find interesting in the future. (Watch out: the locations may take some time to load.)
- Camps map Currently only hosted for a closed community, but a public (demonstration) version is planned. Similarly to travel map, but more elaborate portal for sharing interesting places from all around the world with friends. Intentionally developed for camping spots.
- Treetasks Task/todo organiser that is inspired by tudu and uses a tree structure to organise your plans and projects in an hierarchical way. Based on curses with a vim-like interface. Written in python.
- sde-crt My master thesis' code, solving stochastic differential equations to find out more about the composition of jets that emerge from the black holes at the center of galaxies.
- GraphEval [code] [docs] Framework for splitting data evaluation code into atomic steps and building a lazy-evaluated graph from those steps. Consider this a long-running experiment of which I'm still not sure if it is worth it.
More projects have been developed, but are not in a stadium where publishing would have any use. Maybe I will publish some of them one day.
- Master's thesis [pdf] My Master's thesis, written at Chair for Astronomy at the University of Würzburg. I investigated the properties of a Monte-Carlo method for solving the transport equation of charged particles in the environment of extragalactical jets which emerge from black holes at the center of galaxies.
Get in touch